3 Ways to Improve your Foursquare
First, let me start with a little introduction for those of you that are not familiar with Foursquare. Foursquare is for letting your friends know where you are and figuring out where they are. It is also used to rate your favorite and maybe not so favorite restaurants. When you add the Foursquare app you can link it to your Facebook and Twitter page. It is pretty straight forward on how it works but if you want a more depth explanation and some tips on how to improve your page, check this out.
When you first get the app up it will have a big list of different types of food, this is where you have the chance to choose all the things you like, if you don’t see something you like you can always search it. Once you have that set up you will see options at the top of Top Picks, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Coffee, Dinner, Dessert, Nightlife, Shopping and Fun. This is the part I absolutely love the most. I am the worst at making decisions when it comes to food so this is really handy for me.
If I am trying to decide dinner you get options of great dinner places in the area, what are in the mood more and offering a special. I have yet to use the offering a special option yet but this tells you what places have deals going on near you. I tend to pick the great dinner places because I can see what is near plus each restaurant gets a rating based on people’s tips and likes.
Here are a few tips to get the most out of Foursquare:
- Make sure you have the most current update. Most devices will auto update for you but it is always best to make sure. You will get the best ability of the app with the newest version.
- The point of the app is to check in at places, so actually make an attempt to check in at the places you visit. You should also try to rate and provide tips. With that you should also provide photos. For all you people you love taking a picture of what you eat then this is the app for you.
- Lastly, make sure to follow people and get followers. You don’t necessarily have to link your Facebook and Twitter page but if you do you will find that a lot of your friends are already using the app. You can definitely just find random people to follow but I think you will get more out of it if you are actually seeing where your friends are going and what they are rating. The reason I think this is because they are your friends so you can kind of guess what style of food they like so to see them rate a place it may give you a better idea of what you will like.
Foursquare By the numbers
- Community: More than 55 million people worldwide, who have checked in over 6 billion Check-ins, with millions more every day.
- Businesses: More than 1.9 million businesses have claimed their locations to connect with their customers.
Like any other app there are always things you can do and try but these are things I think that will improve your page the most.