Spring is upon us and the tradition of spring cleaning is upon us, but don’t just get out the broom and mop – take a good look at your social media accounts too! Here’s a quick list of what to do to make sure that you’re getting the most out of your social media accounts!
1. Check/update the “about” section of your profile. Often this is first thing you set up and it’s easy to forget to update it. Check the copy there, is it up to date? Are you linking to the right website? If you’re a business is your address/phone number/email/hours all correct? While you’re at it, make sure that your account information (such as the account’s email address) is up to date.
2. Profile images. Google+, Facebook and Twitter have all added more/different image requirements in the past year. Make sure that your page has the best size graphics and that your profile image represents you or your brand effectively. Need help designing your page? Check out this helpful post with Photoshop templates available!
3. Friends list. While managing your friends/following lists should be an ongoing task, it’s easy for it to get lost in the daily pace. So take a moment to clean out your Facebook friends, Twitter friends. Obvious places to start are folks that aren’t following you back or who are inactive. If you have a Facebook page for your company, make sure that your page’s likes are still relevant and needed.
4. Link your profiles. Make sure that the links to your social media accounts are linked across each profile. Make sure they’re listed in a clear way on your website/blog as well. There’s been a lot of new social sites recently, so make sure they’re all put together.
5. Change your passwords. If it’s been awhile it’s a good time to change passwords, especially if it’s a shared password and there’s been staff changes.
If you have any questions leave them in the comments, we’d be happy to help!