A couple weeks ago we did a post about Meerkat. For those that don’t remember here is a little refresher. Meerkat allows you to stream live video from your phone to all of your Twitter followers at once. Periscope which is owned by Twitter is very similar; it allows anyone to broadcast live from anywhere using your phone. Meerkat came out first but it seems that Periscope has made more of an impact. Today we are going to talk about how you can use Periscope for your business, but first we would like to share a few tips we came across to get you a little more familiar with this app.
- Consider Timing– Try not to make your posts/videos too long, most people’s attention spans can be pretty short.
- Respond to comments live– People who are watching your stream will have the option to comment, when they do just a quick “thanks for watching” will do fine, or if they ask a question about then answer it.
- Experiment with use cases– Because Periscope is still new; people are still trying to figure it out, especially brands. Since we are going to concentrate on your business, this will tip will be super beneficial to you.
Now, let’s move on to how to use the app for your business.
- New Product Features– Videos of new products allow the person watching to ask questions and for you the business to provide live feedback.
- Announcements– This gives you the opportunity to share new things that may be going on at your business.
- Behind-the-Scenes– Depending on what your business is you can show people how things are made. There is a whole TV show about that, so if you can make it happen at your business then you will definitely help bring business in.
- Know your customers– You could use live streaming to build a close relationship with your customers. Live streaming allows for a new kind of engagement that, if handled properly, will help customers feel looped in and informed.
Hope these tips help you get comfortable with Periscope. If you don’t have a business you should download the app anyways. The world is waiting to see what you can do.